Punters have more access to betting options today and will continue to have better access in the future. A punter can make an account and start betting from anywhere in the globe. However, successful punters adopt successful betting strategies that help them win consistently. While a punter may adopt and stick to a particular strategy, it’s crucial to always adapt and learn more. Not all strategies are successful. And since online roulette is easy to understand, a lot of punters are drawn to it. While a punter may play to profit or casually, using a constant proportion strategy can pay high dividends.
Constant Proportion Strategy
A constant proportion strategy is gaining popularity in online roulette. With this strategy, a bettor makes a wager using only a particular portion of their entire betting funds. The proportion of the bet remains constant concerning the bankroll. After a few bets, the proportion of the wagered bet still remains the same. However, the amount bet will vary based on how much funds a punter has after each bet. A player on a hot streak will have a larger stake bet with each win. A player on a losing streak will continue to bet a smaller stake of their entire funds with each loss. With a constant proportion strategy, a punter is safeguarded against losing their entire funds too quickly. On the other hand, a player has the potential to bet and win more if they’re winning. A punter has limited downside risk and maximum upside potential.
View this post on Instagram
Example of Constant Proportion Strategy
It’s essential to look at an example to better understand constant proportion betting on roulette. Suppose a punter has a betting budget of $1000 and he wants to make a bet. He wants to bet on the color black, which has a 50/50 chance of landing (red/black). The constant proportion is 10%.
Situation A – If a punter wins the bet – then he wins $100. So his total budget increases to $1100. If a punter decides to continue, they will bet 10%, which would be $110. This is an increase of $10 from the original first bet. If a punter lost his next bet instead, then he would lose $110. Situation B – If a punter loses the bet – then he loses $100. So his total budget decreases to $900. If a punter decides to place the next bet, then he must bet 10% of $900 or $90. If he loses his next bet as well, then his total betting budget will reduce to $810. The rate at which a punter loses starts decreasing.
Features of Constant Proportion Betting
Punters enjoy risk protection, have the advantage of rounding up numbers, utilizing a profitable constant and make various types of bets in roulette. Let’s take a look at some features of constant proportion betting that punters can benefit from:
1. Risk protection – a punter, doesn’t lose his entire betting budget on a single bet. Thus, a punter is protected against risks arising out of betting in roulette. While a punter may not win large amounts in the short run, they’re also protected from losing too much too quickly.
2. Easy to round up – A punter’s actual bet in each successive round may vary in terms of the exact amount. A punter must use a number that’s easy to round up or a whole number. This makes it easier to calculate for successive bets.
3. Find the right constant percentage – It’s essential to find the right consistent percentage a punter should stick to—the best constants for roulette range from 3 to 10%. Anything less than 3% leaves the punter with too little on the table, and constants above 10% might eat into the punter’s bankroll.
4. Types of bets in roulette – It’s important to understand the various types of bets a punter can make while playing roulette. A punter also stands to win at different rates based on the odds for each bet. A punter can make three types of bets:
- Color – 1/1 (punters stand to win 100%)
- Number – 1/37 (punters stand to win 37x)
- Corner – 4/37 (punters stand to win 9.2x)
Pro tip: If you choose to bet on a red or black color, then the best constant proportion percentage to use is 10%. However, a punter playing for a number or corner should limit their constant proportion percentage to between 3 to 5%.
Constant Proportion Strategy In Online Roulette
What are the best roulette strategies?
What’s the online roulette strategy with the lowest risk?
What are your most effective Roulette strategies?
What is the best progressive roulette strategy?
What is the safest bet/strategy while playing roulette?