One may think that all there is to online roulette winning is picking a number and a color and hoping for the best. This is true, but only in part. There are several types of bets, and each of them has their individual payouts. Anyone, especially those who are new to online roulette, would naturally be lost and maybe even quite confused. With the hope to avoid such feeling in the future, we have put together a small roulette payout guide, so that you know correctly what all those numbers mean.
Why Online Roulette Winning Bets?
To an outsider, online roulette may seem super simple, just pick a color and a number, and hope that the ball lands on it right? But if you’ve ever played roulette before, you’d know that it is so much more than that, especially when it comes to the payouts. It takes a while to learn the nuances of the game, what the odds mean and the payouts they encompass. Knowing all of this will naturally improve your roulette game, making it more engaging, as well as profitable. Keeping this in mind, here’s a quick guide to roulette odds, probabilities, and payouts. In roulette winning, there are mainly two types of bets- inside bets and outside bets. To understand the payout situation, you need to follow these first. A payout in roulette is usually expressed as “x – 1”. X here represents your payout, the amount of money you will receive if you wager a dollar. 10 – 1 means that a successful bet with a $1 would result in a total payout of $10.
View this post on Instagram
Outside bets are reserved for the times you would like to play it safe. They’re low risk, which means that you have a high chance of winning. But similar to any low-risk betting situation, the profits margin is not very high. There are various types of outside bets, here are some of the most popular.
- Colour – For this type of bet, you would be required to pick red or black. If the ball lands on the color you predicted, the payout would be 1 – 1.
- Odd/even – This one is pretty self-explanatory. You would need to guess if the ball would land on an odd or an even number. This too is a 1 – 1 bet.
- Low/high – for this type of bet, you would need to guess if the ball lands on a low or high number. Same as the previous two types, this too is a 1- 1 situation. All numbers below 18 would be considered small, and anything above 18 would be high.
- Columns – This one offers a payout of 2 -1. Here, the numbers are arranged in three columns of around 12 numbers. If one’s stack contains a winning number, then you win.
- Dozens – There are a total of 36 options. The numbers are stacked into groups of 12. Here you can bet on any group, the first, second, or third one. If the ball lands on a number that’s in a group that you choose, you win.
Inside bets aren’t really as safe as outside bets. But due to the high-risk level, the profits will be much more significant. Here are a few kinds of insider bets.
- Straight bets – With this bet, you can only put your money on a particular number. Although the level of risk is high, so is the payout. But mind you, one only has around a 3% chance of winning.
- Five number bets – This one is for when you’re feeling lucky. The chances of winning aren’t high, but it pays 6 – 1. The only numbers you can place a bet on is 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. With this type of bet, you have a 13% chance of winning. Five number bets are only available in American markets.
- Street bets – With street bets, you can bet on three consecutive numbers. 2,3 and 4 or 17, 18 and 19 for instance. This bet pays 8 – 1, and your chances of winning is a little above 8%.
There you have it, some of the various bets you can place while playing a game of roulette as well as their respective payouts. Stay tune with Rescuebet blog or try out your skills now at Rescuebet live casino to play online roulette.