The online casino game of blackjack is a beloved pastime for many people all over the world. Blackjack started in the French court in the 18th century, although some reports suggest the Romans may have played it earlier than that. Blackjack, known as “21”, is the world’s most popular casino and banking game. Casino banking games are a family of games whose general object is the player collecting cards that are better than the dealer or banker’s hand. Other casino banking games include baccarat, craps, and bank.
How To Play Blackjack: Steps
Blackjack’s objective is to have a better hand than the house or the dealer. A player achieves this better hand by getting a card total of 21 or as close as possible to 21 without exceeding. Blackjack has two to seven players using a 52-card deck; you can also use multiple decks. Here is a simple guide on how to play:
- Nominate a player to be the dealer. If you are playing at a casino, there is a dealer for you.
- The dealer shuffles the deck of cards.
- The dealer deals two cards each for himself and every player. Players’ cards face up, while the dealer’s cards are laid one face up and the second face down.
- Players can choose to either hit or stand based on the value of their cards and the dealer’s up card. “Hit” is to receive an additional card. “Stand” is to keep the cards they already have.
- The objective is to have a total better than the dealer’s hand but not exceeding 21. A total of precisely 21 immediately wins the game, as long as the dealer does not have 21 themselves. In the case of a 21 tie, the game “pushes,” and there’s no win or loss. Exceeding 21 means the player has gone “bust” and immediately loses the bet.
Why Play Online
Though plenty of people still play black at brick-and-mortar casinos, most players now prefer to go online, and with good reason. Here are some advantages of the online version of the blackjack online casino game:
- Online blackjack is convenient since it is from the comfort of one’s house (and living room sofa). Otherwise, one would have to travel to a physical casino.
- Mobile gadgets offer additional convenience; players can play online blackjack on the go using smartphones and other devices.
- Online blackjack allows those players who prefer anonymity to remain anonymous. Physical casinos can’t afford the same level of privacy.
- Online blackjack allows players to play unlimited hands without a time limit. Physical casinos often impose time limits.
- Online blackjack provides more variants of the game compared to traditional casinos.
Online Blackjack Tips
Some of the advice provided here is specific to blackjack but may apply to all casino gambling:
- Only bet money you can afford to lose. It is the most crucial feature of responsible gambling.
- Learn a blackjack strategy and perfect it. Stick to the plan even in challenging circumstances to reap total rewards.
- Don’t put too much money into one bet. Bet more conservatively so you can use your bank to play more hands.
- Surrender does not equate to cowardice. If the odds of winning seem less than half, it is prudent to fold, salvaging half the stake to fight another day.